Friday, December 3, 2010

Todays (not so small) miniature

Today, instead of doing the normal drab thing for lunch and grabbing a Cup O' Soup from the local gas station downtown and sitting in my office doing the crossword puzzle and downing my noodles in water, I decided to do something different.  My parents are in visiting from Vegas, and they took me to this place called Sultan's Market.  If you are from Chicago, you have probably heard of it, but if not, it is a vegetarian restaurant with the most awesome salad bar.  They have everything from raw veggies to sumptuous Mediterranean cuisine.  You can visit them here: http://chicagofalafel.com/.  If you are in the Chicago area and are looking for somewhere great to eat, try out the Sultan's Market.

Anyways, back to my original point.  So on my way to the market, I was stuck in horrid traffic.  Of course, being the person I am, I was distracted by everything around me.  Bucktown in Chicago is a place full of artsy stores, little cafe's, and awesome record shops.  Out of the corner of my eye, while sitting at a six point intersection around Milwaukee, Damen, and North, I saw this little cafe.

I am not sure what the name of the cafe was, but I am pretty sure, after 20 minutes of research online and the medieval phone book, the name is not Miniature animal.  This being a blog about miniatures, I couldn't let this pass without a photo and a mention.  It course, it is not your usual miniature, or small item, but it does include the word in it.  Also, I know my photo does not do it justice, but there are awesome fair like paintings featuring retro designs and bright colors. 

Feel free to share your miniature moment of the day below in the comments, and remember, not everything comes in a small package.

-Bari
 

No comments:

Post a Comment